Crosspointe Community Church celebrated our first worship service at Roswell High School on September 16, 1990. For nearly two years, Sunday mornings meant loading and unloading an old school bus full of equipment as we continued to meet at the high school. We purchased our current facility in April 1992. God lead us to this 3-story office-type building with its bargain price. We occupy the first and third floors but the second floor offices are leased at a discount to local businesses and ministries.
From the beginning we knew that God called Crosspointe to be a representative of His love and grace. What we did not know was just how transforming this journey would turn out to be.
God is not interested in seeing people merely informed - He wants people to be transformed through a genuine relationship with Him. We are learning that everything we need is found in Jesus Christ. Jesus is the HEART of Crosspointe.
Defining Moments & Highlights
- September 16, 1990: First public worship service. Met at Roswell High School for 23 months.
- August 23, 1992: First service in current facility
- September 14, 1994: Officially constituted as a church
Over the first 23 years.
- More than 250 individuals have accepted Jesus Christ and have been baptized at Crosspointe.
- CCC members have personally witnessed over 700 professions of faith at mission and outreach events.
- Over 1000 professions of faith have been made while CCC members served with partner ministries.
- Over 120 members have crossed cultural barriers to serve and share the love of Christ.
- Forty-five members experienced their first international mission trip through CCC missions.
- At least one dozen members have been called into full-time vocational ministry while at Crosspointe.
- Seven partnerships have been developed to further God's work (South Africa, Vision Atlanta and more).
- Seven new churches have been planted.
- Three career missionaries (Ukraine, India) have called Crosspointe their home church.
- More than 1200 people have called CCC their church home for some season of their Christian journey.
"Now glory be to God, who by his mighty power at work within us is able to do far more than we would ever dare to ask or even dream of--infinitely beyond our highest prayers, desires, thoughts, or hopes. May he be given glory in the church and in Christ Jesus forever and ever. .Amen." Ephesians 3:20-21 (NLT)
Crosspointe is a mission-start of Johnson Ferry Baptist Church, a member of Willow Creek Association and is networked with Purpose Driven Ministries.